MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLEASE: Easier Forum Maintenance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well, sometimes it can help on the cache thing to be able to do them in bulk - even if we could just tick the ones we wanted to do. Like selecting posts for moderation. Is that an idea?
I don't have any objections to the method - just to the reasoning behind the request. The rebuild process can be quite intensive on larger forums; doing it all at once will be a pain.
(2012-04-16, 09:47 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any objections to the method - just to the reasoning behind the request. The rebuild process can be quite intensive on larger forums; doing it all at once will be a pain.

Because for example at my large forums it seems that I need to rebuild all the cache to have the site perform better and the cache generally rebuilt. Who cares if it's intensive? This is why it's an option. The admins should have the option to rebuild all of the cache.. >.<;
(2012-04-16, 03:59 PM)EGS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-16, 09:47 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any objections to the method - just to the reasoning behind the request. The rebuild process can be quite intensive on larger forums; doing it all at once will be a pain.

Who cares if it's intensive?

I do.
MyBB does a pretty good job keeping on top of the cache individually. Perhaps it's best we take a look at which parts are failing for your forum and what we can do to improve it than just whack a big red button to fix it for another day.
I'm not entirely sure if this would be necessary, but what about a feature to mass reload caches? That would be good for switching to another cache handler instead of manually doing so (I'm going by the description of the cache manager in the ACP).
We should probably make it easier to switch cache. By just putting a 'refresh all' button there I think that avoids problems that we could fix; "just refresh all cache" would easily become part of support.
Pages: 1 2