MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to show a forum and its threads but not readable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to allow people that visit the forums to be able to see the actual forum and the threads inside, but not be able to read the content, how can I do this?

When I make a forum not visible to a user, it automatically hides if the guest visits the site.
As far as I know with myBB if the forum is viewable it is also readable. There is no middle ground that I can see. You can stop them from posting or responding, but not reading the topics they see.

Why would you ever want them to see the content? Why not just force them to register when they enter the forum?
The content is only available for premium members, and I want to show them a preview of what they can get by joining as a premium member. If anyone has a mod of this it'd be greatly appreciated.
Just create a forum within each category giving them a sample of what's available if they become premium.   That's what I have done!  Works pretty well, and I don't think there is a mod to do what you need!
Hi,

If someone creates a mod then it will be good. To increase mybb popularity then the development team must encourage people to start developing mods.

People only move to a different bb incase it does not caters their needs. So the more mods are created the better.

Thanks.
If I understand your description correctly, the feature you're describing is available in MyBB 1.2 with the new permission "Can View Threads"
Well, that's good news! Big Grin
are you talking about this?
[attachment=3739]
the "Our Projects" Forum still show on the main indexpage but you can not enter it unless you have permissions or belong to a usergroup.

if so it will be nice to see that in MyBB1.2. it will give ppl a reason to sign up Smile
sTrEtCh Wrote:are you talking about this?

the "Our Projects" Forum still show on the main indexpage but you can not enter it unless you have permissions or belong to a usergroup.

if so it will be nice to see that in MyBB1.2. it will give ppl a reason to sign up Smile

The last post information being removed when the user does not have permission to view the forum is also a new feature in MyBB 1.2
DennisTT Wrote:The last post information being removed when the user does not have permission to view the forum is also a new feature in MyBB 1.2

I like that idea [Image: ura.gif]