MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ASP vs PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What does MyBB use?

There ya go Toungue
(2012-04-16, 08:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely Shitty Program or a Pretty Hot Package, your pick :-)

I'd agree with you on that, but not in a business environment. I'd like to see you integrate a PHP application directly with PHP Smile
(2012-04-16, 05:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Basically, go with PHP. If you're looking for an alternative language, taking a look at something like Python (via Django) is my recommendation.

Rails > Django.

ASPX is a business standard because it's backed by Microsoft, but it's an inferior language (compared to PHP). It's slow and I dislike the syntax, though the latter is just my opinion.
I had sites that ran ASP crash my browser a lot more often then any ones that used PHP. Therefore, I prefer PHP over ASP for websites personally.
They're both server side languages so that it's a mute point.
Good one, pavemen. I agree.
thanks i'll use php now :p
PHP is VERY easy to learn that noobs tend to write shitty code... After learning the basics of PHP, don't wait long before you start learning the MVC pattern.

ASP on the other hand is Microsoft-ish, so if you think that Microsoft is a powerful company and their softwares are absolutely flawless, go for that. Same don't forget to learn the MVC pattern.
PHP is cross platform, with a relatively stable, easy to install implementation on Windows, Linux, OSX, and several mobile platforms. ASP is more or less Windows only if you want stable, as the ports are either ground-up rewrites or ports of the .NET bytecode compiler (though depending on your needs and ability, that may be stable enough for you).
PHP is very easy to learn and I find it nice and much better than ASP.NET .
Pages: 1 2