MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ASP vs PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which one is better and why ? ASP or PHP ?
PHP is much easier to learn. PHP is also much more flexible (especially regarding database connectivity. Also, PHP tends to run a lot faster seeing as it runs in its own memory space whereas ASP uses an overhead server and is COM based.

Basically, go with PHP. If you're looking for an alternative language, taking a look at something like Python (via Django) is my recommendation.
I personally like PHP, and that's what I recommend to work with.
I also find php easy but why do people code in asp and aspx ? what is the main reason for using asp ? its fast or more secure or have more control over desktop environment ? As imgur i guess uses aspx and it has a drag and drop feature, which i guess can't be added with php ?
ASP is mainly used in business because it's easier to integrate into other microsoft technologies. Plus it's backed by Microsoft so you know there will pretty much always be someone to turn to.
(2012-04-16, 05:46 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]ASP is mainly used in business because it's easier to integrate into other microsoft technologies. Plus it's backed by Microsoft so you know there will pretty much always be someone to turn to.

ASP(X) is the standard for business. What a lot of places do is use ASP and then fake the HTacess and server files to tell people it's PHP. (Oldest trick in the book.)
Absolutely Shitty Program or a Pretty Hot Package, your pick :-)
(2012-04-16, 08:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely Shitty Program or a Pretty Hot Package, your pick :-)

Good one.
(2012-04-16, 08:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely Shitty Program or a Pretty Hot Package, your pick :-)

You made me lol. Smile
Pages: 1 2