MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
which one is a good CMS for a website having lot of dynamic posts / pages daily and having lot of members. Or I make one by myself , I want to make but is not able to manage time for making it, that's my chance to learn and I want to avail it, so can any one share his experience for a good CMS or common bugs beginner will face only for my own use :p
WordPress sounds like a good option for you.
and what if i use mybb ? i know i can make it work through many customizations and i feel comfortable with mybb , one question, word press SEO's is quite fast what can be the possible reason for that ? mybb uses tables and wordpress doesn't ?
How dynamic? Blog esque? If not, try PHPSQLITECMS. It's my favourite. PITA to theme though.
(2012-04-16, 06:02 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]and what if i use mybb ? i know i can make it work through many customizations and i feel comfortable with mybb , one question, word press SEO's is quite fast what can be the possible reason for that ? mybb uses tables and wordpress doesn't ?

Using tables has no impact whatsoever in SEO. Tables should be used for tabular data, and MyBB does that very well. However there are many places where MyBB shouldn't be using tables, and that generates bad, unsemantic code. I don't think semantics matters to search engines much though. If it does, the impact is minimal.

SEO is not an exact science. There's no guarantee using a specific software will get you good search rankings. WordPress has some neat things that might help (like pinging search engines when there's new content) but it all comes down to your content. Pretty URLs, robots.txt, sitemaps, dynamic meta tags, good organization are some of the small things I'd focus on.

Having that said, MyBB could work for what you want. SEO won't be a problem at all. If you feel comfortable using MyBB, use it. The changes required are mostly cosmetic anyway, it's not too complicated.
yup mybb is good for me, can you tell me where mybb doens't have to use tables ?

if pinging is good then why mybb use it ?