MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the maximum hard support for DELL 755
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does dell optiplex 755 supports 1Tb hard drive ?
Yes of course, but be sure which one you will buy SATA or ATA. It's always good when you are buying something, to ask people in store more about that product and you will know can you have it or not. But i am sure you can Smile
(2012-04-17, 01:19 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes of course, but be sure which one you will buy SATA or ATA. It's always good when you are buying something, to ask people in store more about that product and you will know can you have it or not. But i am sure you can Smile

Not really. It's very possible possible because the age of the machine's date that it may reject it. Not sure it has the extra ports either. @OP what size is yours? The very small small, large etc?
This is not so old machine, so i think it should accept it.
(2012-04-17, 05:29 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]This is not so old machine, so i think it should accept it.

My old core 2 duo needed a bios upgrade to accept it. Some don't. Looking at the motherboard I'd put a safe bet on it won't.

@OP if you do buy it, buy it as an enclosure, you know it will work 100% then.
On my old core duo works perfectly. There is no reason to don't work. Motherboard is not so old to not accept sata.
BIOS is not hardware, though it's tied closely enough that it might as well be. Just because a piece of hardware physically and theoretically should support a feature (i.e. >167GB hard drives or 64-bit processing) doesn't mean it will if the software using it doesn't (i.e. crappy BIOS or using a 32-bit OS).
Well it runs window 7, i was trying to install window xp but it keeps giving me error of blue screen x00000007B then i install window 7 with bootable USB and it is working fine with 1TB of hard Big Grin
(2012-04-19, 03:32 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it runs window 7, i was trying to install window xp but it keeps giving me error of blue screen x00000007B then i install window 7 with bootable USB and it is working fine with 1TB of hard Big Grin

Yeah! I knew it Smile