MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: co.cc back on Google?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A+.co.cc

It would appear .co.cc sites are back on Google again.
That's a good news for co.cc owners, but I still think they shouldn't be allowed.
I don't think it will last for more then 6 months. Google has to ban them again.
Personally, they are the ugliest, free, domains allowed.

I'd rather spend 5$ on a .info.
It was back like several weeks ago, I'm surprised you guys are just noticing it now.
(2012-04-17, 03:20 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]It was back like several weeks ago, I'm surprised you guys are just noticing it now.
Actually, they're still not back for me so it seems like Google may be doing it geographically or something like that.

As for whether they should be back in results doesn't really bother me that much. If I had to sway one way though, it would be towards banning them again. Personally I find that that vast majority of sites using them provide very poor content and so I rarely even bother to follow links to them.
Ah, I'd still prefer them to be excluded. Terrible domain.
(2012-04-17, 05:42 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I'd still prefer them to be excluded. Terrible domain.

I agree that it's a terrible domain, my point was just that it personally wouldn't bother me all that much as I would never click them anyway. As long as they don't start to dominate search results, it's not a problem for me Toungue
Oh it's not that it bothers me with any of my searches or anything. I just want them banned to send a clear message that they suck.
Yeah, well that's fair enough I guess. But thing is, there's a limit to how popular sites using them will ever become anyway as web master types know that it's a free domain and so don't often visit it, and more novice users actually tend to be a little cautious about visiting web addresses they don't recognise (in my experience, at least).
Pages: 1 2