MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Do I Speed Up My Forum? It's Running VERY Slow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone! My forum has been VERY slow lately. It's <snip>. It takes about 30 seconds to get to the first page. Sometimes, it even takes up to 45 seconds. I've looked around and couldn't find anything on how to speed up my forum. I've concluded that this might be the problem: I have 2 of every single setting! In the Configuration tab, there is 2 settings of every single setting! For example - there is 2 of "General Configuration" and 2 of "Board Online / Offline" and this is how it is for every setting. Also, if I click on one of the settings, there are 2 of the same options for every setting! Is this the reason why my forum is running EXTREMELY slow? If so, how can I delete the duplicate settings? If not, how can I make my forum load faster? My Forum is on a paid hosting plan with GoDaddy so the hosting isn't an issue. GoDaddy said the forum was an issue and to contact MyBB. I really need my Forum to run faster! Please help. Thanks.
Could you possibly post a link to your site please?
(2012-04-17, 11:18 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Could you possibly post a link to your site please?

Sure! Here it is - <snip>
It's not that slow for me. How many plugins have you got running? Could you also post your debug stats from the footer?
(2012-04-17, 11:24 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that slow for me. How many plugins have you got running? Could you also post your debug stats from the footer?

That's really weird! I tried my site on 5 different computers and it is slow! How do i get my debug stats from the footer?
You have WAY too many sections, man.
When you're logged in as an admin, you should see some basic information on page generation speeds etc within the footer of your site. Alternatively, go to the following URL and copy the information:

<snip>

When posting the information, please use the [code] tag to wrap it to make it easier to read.
Duplicate account.