MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show a specific forum ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any plugin or configuration by which I can show 1 single forum to a user who has 0 post (when logged in).

If not logged in they can view full forum...
But if logged in and has 0 post then they see a specific forum only.

How to do this ?

Thanks.
You can easily use the Promotion system for this.

The default Registered/Members group can only view a forum with 0 post count.

After they have 1 or more, they are promoted into an "Advanced" Members group that you've created, which can see every forum that you allow it to.

Admin CP > Users & Groups

Under "Groups", set up the groups there.

Under "Group Promotions", configure the promotions there.

Then under "Forums & Posts", configure each group's permission under each forum setting.
Hi,

You mean to say:

1. Set permissions of "Registered" usergroup to show nothing except the single forum.
2. Then create new user group called: Advance and set its permissions to show, post etc. (Normal)
3. Then create the promotion to move users from "Registered" to "Advanced" when they make 1st post ?

Am I correct ? If yes, then its not working. I set promotion to Post Count: 1 and rule: Equal To
But even after making 1st post, its not showing me all other forums.

Thanks.
Yes that's what I meant, it might not be happening because something is wrong it the task.

Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager

Open "Promotion System".

For Minutes, Hours, and Days of Month, put *

Make sure Weekday & Months are selected on ALL days and ALL months.

Then save the settings, and back on the Tasks page, on the same line of the "Promotion Systems", there's a clock icon, click it to force the task to run.

If it's still giving you problems, someone else earlier said they fixed it by deleting the task & re-creating it using the same settings.
It seems to be enabled. I think its set to run after: 5,25,45. What does that means ???
That means it runs at 5 minutes into an hour, then at 25 minutes, then again at 45 minutes.

The asterisk, *, should make it run all the time. Provided there is someone there to access your site.