MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.7 Upgrade killed my SEO Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just noticed that all my thread titles reverted back to showthread titles instead of SEO titles after I installed the 1.6.7 upgrade. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I remember it happened before but I don't remember how to fix...
on the plugins page in the ACP, click the link to apply changes to functions.php in the google seo description.
(2012-04-18, 02:42 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that all my thread titles reverted back to showthread titles instead of SEO titles after I installed the 1.6.7 upgrade. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I remember it happened before but I don't remember how to fix...

Were you using the Google SEO plugin for the title changes? If so, you'll have to make the template edit again (if I understand correctly and you're talking about the titles rather than the URLs)
Oh yeah, I remember now! Is there a patch to download somewhere? It mentions it in the link but no link to the patch??

(2012-04-18, 02:52 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-18, 02:42 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that all my thread titles reverted back to showthread titles instead of SEO titles after I installed the 1.6.7 upgrade. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I remember it happened before but I don't remember how to fix...

Were you using the Google SEO plugin for the title changes? If so, you'll have to make the template edit again (if I understand correctly and you're talking about the titles rather than the URLs)

No, I ment url's...I described the issue incorrectly.
Ah right. As pavemen correctly said, the Google SEO plugin should allow you to perform the patch automatically via the plugins listing page. Take a look at the Google SEO entry and it will list the edit as being needing done.
(2012-04-18, 03:05 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ah right. As pavemen correctly said, the Google SEO plugin should allow you to perform the patch automatically via the plugins listing page. Take a look at the Google SEO entry and it will list the edit as being needing done.
I have no link to preform the changes on my plugin description page?
Are you using the most recent version of Google SEO? The option should be there for sure if the change has been overwritten. Could you post a screenshot of the Google SEO section of the plugins page?
I think I got it...I uploaded functions.php from the download package. I do think I am running an older version of SEO. I had problems upgrading it and never was able to.
Ah. I'd definitely advise upgrading if you can at all.
Some of my members are getting this error when clicking on threads...

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function build_prefixes() in /home/bigmackt/public_html/7173mustangs.com/showthread.php on line 1029

Is it related to SEO?
Pages: 1 2