MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Questions - Not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all...

http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

I'm using the above mod to enhance security of forums I admin.
however it doesn't seem to be working. Bots are still registering and spam is still appearing as a result.

Any advice?

I'd ask on author's forums but their site is closed atm.
Change the question/answers to something else.
(2012-04-19, 07:07 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Change the question/answers to something else.

I did... but the thing is, is it not meant to record success / failure rates?

Been about 30-40 accounts registered since putting it on and changing the questions... only 1 recorded answer of a success so far... and that's the only legit account registered too.
Having same problem.
(2012-05-02, 07:13 AM)smi Wrote: [ -> ]Having same problem.

Can you please explain your problem a bit ?
Security question works when I try to register BUT spammers/bots are able to sign up without answering security question. Status for all questions after spammers/bots registration: Correct 0% Incorrect 0%

Registration Security Question (1.2)
MyBB 1.6.6
Image Verification: Default CAPTCHA
Configuration File, Language Files, Backups Directory: Not Writable (according to Tools & Maintenance)

Done this too:
Deactivate
Uninstall
Uploaded new files from geekplugins.com
Install & Activate

Please help.
Can you please post your website's URL
Website I admin: http://www.swordcraft.com.au/forum/

In addition: I have done all above as per other poster with the same result.
RSQ plugin is working absolutely fine. I tried registering and it denied when I input wrong answer, and allows when its corrects.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the stats as there is a bug in the plugin that does not properly count the correct/incorrect in certain conditions.
Have you tried changing your questions? It is possible that you are using a question that the bot has programmed an answer to.
Pages: 1 2