MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ads after first post help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I installed the 'Ads after first post' plugin, and all is great except for this one problem I'm having.

My ads are smaller than my forum, however when I turn on the ads, it stretches the page. Ads are 728, my forum is 750 - there is no reason for it to stretch the page.

Now, if I turn off the plugin, and just insert a fake ad (a table thats 728px) in the postbit_seperator template, then it works just fine. There just seems to be a problem when I'm using the plugin.

Ex:

[Image: ads_problem.jpg]

So, anyone know how to fix it? It shouldn't stretch the page >.<
Can you please post the URL to your board so that I can take a look into the source code?
http://cafe.baka-koneko.com/bbs/

Anyway, I noticed I only seem to have the problem when I set the pixel width of the ad. If I make a fake ad table and set the width to 100% then it works fine, but if I set it to 728, then it stretches the page. o.O

But with real ads I don't have that option, since you're not allowed to edit google code~
<div style="text-align:left;"><table width="728" border="1" bgcolor="pink" colspan="2"><tr><Td colspan="2">Testing/fixing something, just ignore this</tr></td></table></div>

If that's your ad code it's done poorly.  You should remove the table.  You can simply place the ad within the div itself and make any definitions within the style.

Example
<div style="text-align:left; width:728px; background-color: pink; border: 1px solid #000;">Your Ad Code Here</div>

Realistically you shouldn't define the div's width other than 100% for this position.
Well, the table was just to show the problem. With the real ads, there is no table, I just paste in the google adsense code and it stretches the page like that. But I can't alter adsense code.

I just put the table there to represent an ad so I don't get in trouble with google for refreshing the page a thousand times.

The page still stretches when its only the google code (which defines its width as 728).
google doesn't care if you refresh the page a thousand times, since they only care if its a click, it just lowers your ctr.