MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Ads (between posts adsense, ypn, or chitika)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
labrocca Wrote:Also Micheal83's has a problem when you turn it off...you will display no postbit seperator at all. Also if you are not displaying the ad...you get no postbit seperator either.
This is wrong. The seperator is shown after deactivation and also if there's no ad to display.
labrocca Wrote:Please don't link to other competing mods inside my thread.
lol is there competiton against modders aswell now? WoW.. 0.o
labrocca Wrote:Please don't link to other competing mods inside my thread. Also Micheal83's has a problem when you turn it off...you will display no postbit seperator at all. Also if you are not displaying the ad...you get no postbit seperator either. I will update mine soon enough and it doesn't have these bugs.
Sorry. I thought he updated your mod.

I'm not experiencing these problems, however, I'd be happy to compare the two.
Michael83 Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:Also Micheal83's has a problem when you turn it off...you will display no postbit seperator at all. Also if you are not displaying the ad...you get no postbit seperator either.
This is wrong. The seperator is shown after deactivation and also if there's no ad to display.

Only if you "deactivate" the plugin. However if you turn off showing ads which you have as an option it doesn't appear to display a seperator.

hmm...I see you have added this into your code

find_replace_templatesets("postbit_seperator", '#</td>#', "{\$post['adsaf']}</td>");

I gotta see what that will display but it's not a complete postbit seperator.

Anyways...I am just moving forward with what I do. Michael makes great mods and maybe I am just being too sensative over the matter.
labrocca Wrote:However if you turn off showing ads which you have as an option it doesn't appear to display a seperator.
As I said before: That's wrong, the seperator is shown. Just try it yourself. Wink
Oh that's right because you edit postbit_seperator itself. On mine I replace it. I see.
Updated for 1.2 compatibility.
thnxs guys ...
Any way to take this and make it ONLY display for guests? (with a note that says, Please [link]Register[/link] to hide these ads)
I just tried labrocca's inline ads and Michael83's inline ads on my forum (1.2.1). The odd thing is that Michael83's inline ads produce and output that repeats my Google Adwords 3 or 4 times (in the same section). labrocca's inline ads display the ads as should be. Odd?

For a better example, say I set either system (I disable each one as I test) to display my Google Adsense Link Unit after the first post:

labrocca's output:
Ads by Google Ad1 Ad2 Ad3 Ad4

Michael83's output:

Sometimes 3 repeats and sometimes 5! Weird?! A Javascript problem with Michael83's?
Pages: 1 2 3 4