MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: e-mail`s from my site goin in junk folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i`ve noticed when my site sends a e-mail to notify some1 of a pm message ect it goes in the junk folder and says
This message looks suspicious to our SmartScreen filters and we'll delete it after ten days.

how can i stop this from happening so that they go to the inbox
Are you using freehosting?
no just moved to paid hosting
Its either due to your host has been blacklisted or it deny the mail clients such as Yahoo, Gmail etc. You've to contact to your host about this.

Meanwhile you can do the following edits in order to notify users that the emails are in their spam folder.

Go to: ./inc/languages/english/member.lang.php and find;
$l['redirect_registered_activation'] = "Thank you for registering on {1}, {2}.<p>To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums";

You may alter that to the following;
$l['redirect_registered_activation'] = "Thank you for registering on {1}, {2}.<p>To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. Make sure you also checked Spam folders of your email account. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums";
my host said this
That is the site then, it must not be adding the correct MIME types to the mail headers to confirm its origin

AND THEY SAID THERE NOT BLACKLISTED
ACP > Configuration > Mail Settings > Add message ID in mail headers > No

Also add an SPF record to your domain.
(2012-04-20, 10:28 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Mail Settings > Add message ID in mail headers > No
done this and still the same
but what is
Also add an SPF record to your domain.

and how do i do it m8
would upgrading to the latest version fix this as my host said it might im on 1.6.5
(2012-04-20, 10:47 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]would upgrading to the latest version fix this as my host said it might im on 1.6.5

It's got nothing to do with what version you're using, but you should be using the latest version anyway. Especially since the last two versions contain multiple security fixes.
Pages: 1 2