MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a fun brain exerciser GAME to your MyBB - Tower Of Hanoi.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this today and figured out it would be much cool for some those having gaming boards or even normal off-topic boards.

[Image: 5044c3eb55004fd99bd5a05.png]

Description: The Tower of Hanoi (also referred to as the Tower of Brahma) was invented by the French mathematician Edouard Lucas in 1883. He was inspired by a legend that tells of a Hindu temple where the pyramid puzzle was used for the mental discipline of young priests. [ More about the legend here]

The objective of the game is to move a stack of disks from the left-most pole to the right-most in the least amount of moves, the catch being a smaller disk must always be stacked on top of a larger, and never the other way around. Depending on the number of disks, this can become very challenging. Interesting features of this script are:
  • Powerful drag-and-drop interface.
  • Completely script driven- no images used.
  • Auto "solve game" ability.

This script works in IE5+, NS6+, and Mozilla 1.0.

Demo: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...rhanoi.htm

Installation Instructions:

First, download the below attachment:
[attachment=26080]

Upload the above file to root of your server (preferred, so you can visit yourdomain.com/towerhanoi.html).

Next, if you wish, you can directly go to above URL where you uploaded the file and play the game or use an iframe to show it on any of your custom pages or any page of the site which supports HTML.

Say, you've uploaded towerhanoi to yourdomain.com/towerhanoi, then just use the below code on any page, even in help documents if you want (just like I did, of course, for testing and showing you all):

<iframe src="towerhanoi.html" width="800px" height="800px" /></iframe>

And it should look something like:

[Image: ff288054643f40828664d15.png]

Enjoy.
I've played this game in some museum or something, don't remember.
Thanks for this game Smile
I might have to add this to Leet Link when it gets back up, as it's pretty cool. Thanks for the tutorial!