MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Choose where to insert individual profile fields in profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am trying to break down the profile fields individually so I can, say, show gender on one part of the screen, and show bio on a totally separate part of the screen. Can it be done? If so, how?
Not the way it currently works. You'd have to redo the whole thing to do what you want.

Instead I propose you simply remove {$profilefields} from the member_profile template and do some manual coding to build up the profile fields the way you want. For that you will need {$userfields['fidX']}, X being the custom profile field ID - found in the Admin CP. These variables return the value of any profile field and they can be used anywhere within this template, giving you maximum flexibility.

For example, to build a simple list of items of the default custom profile fields you would do:

<ul>
	<li>Sex: {$userfields['fid3']}</li>
	<li>Location: {$userfields['fid1']}</li>
	<li>Bio: {$userfields['fid2']}</li>
</ul>

Obviously, you can use these variables wherever you want and however you want. That was just a very simple example. Let me know if this works for you.
the $userfields variable is exactly what I needed to know. On the wiki it mentions {$post['fidX']} but not $userfields! Thanks!

Which variable can I use to insert the member's name on their profile without formatting?
{$memprofile['username']}
Thanks again Smile