MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Power by AlexLC - $20 for full rights + support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have made some changes to the .thead and .tcat classes to make them stand out a bit more and look more modern.

In addition to that I've made some very minor changes to the top links to give them "cooler effects", but not really, lol.

And finally, I will try to style the .panel a little better, any and all suggestions are welcome. Smile

Thanks for the input Anxiety.
Good work Alex. Good luck with the sales. Smile

Since its custom and will be sold only once, its definitely worth $20.
(2012-04-22, 02:24 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]I have made some changes to the .thead and .tcat classes to make them stand out a bit more and look more modern.

In addition to that I've made some very minor changes to the top links to give them "cooler effects", but not really, lol.

And finally, I will try to style the .panel a little better, any and all suggestions are welcome. Smile

.thead is much nicer now, and even the toplink effect you added is better than before.

Not sure if it's just me, but the background (on the demo) is bugged.

Screenie: http://i.imgur.com/0tDKy.png

Also, in my opinion, I'd ditch the .tcat completely or redesign it. You could have a nice smooth grey image (lighter grey than .thead) as the .tcat and remove the white gap between them, that could look cool. I'd also remove the "Current Time" bar on the header and put it elsewhere, I think the logo definitely needs to be at the top.

I know width is so easy to change and it's down to preference, but I still think it should be wider when showcasing - I'm not sure many people would keep it that width due to the limited space to add things. It would also give you a nice opportunity to show off that lovely header background (where the toplinks are, forgot the official name).

I probably sound like a right perfectionist here lol, you're the designer, not me Smile.
(2012-04-22, 03:17 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-22, 02:24 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]I have made some changes to the .thead and .tcat classes to make them stand out a bit more and look more modern.

.thead is much nicer now, and even the toplink effect you added is better than before.

Not sure if it's just me, but the background (on the demo) is bugged.

Screenie: http://i.imgur.com/0tDKy.png

Also, in my opinion, I'd ditch the .tcat completely or redesign it. You could have a nice smooth grey image (lighter grey than .thead) as the .tcat and remove the white gap between them, that could look cool. I'd also remove the "Current Time" bar on the header and put it elsewhere, I think the logo definitely needs to be at the top.

I know width is so easy to change and it's down to preference, but I still think it should be wider when showcasing - I'm not sure many people would keep it that width due to the limited space to add things. It would also give you a nice opportunity to show off that lovely header background (where the toplinks are, forgot the official name).

I probably sound like a right perfectionist here lol, you're the designer, not me Smile.

That's actually supposed to be there, well, it was supposed to be there in the original design because it added some extra shadow to the entire wrapper (http://alexlc.com/thm/images/power/bg.jpg). What white gap between the .tcat are you talking about? Right now it is a light gray gradient. Could perhaps post a screen shot of what you're talking about so I can better understand it?

I'll increase the width right now and see how it looks.
Really? I presumed it was a big because the screenie in your post (here) didn't have it, lol. We're talking about the same thing right?The random black background patch?

Though in that screenshot there is no gap between the .tcat, on the demo there is for me, screenie is here.

Hope this helped.
(2012-04-22, 03:32 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Really? I presumed it was a big because the screenie in your post (here) didn't have it, lol. We're talking about the same thing right?The random black background patch?

Though in that screenshot there is no gap between the .tcat, on the demo there is for me, screenie is here.

Hope this helped.

You can faintly see it at the bottom if you look very closely, haha. I'll work on removing that now and ah yes, you're using Chrome. For some reason I have no idea why Chrome adds extra height to the bottom of the .thead and .tcat classes... I've searched everywhere for a fix to and haven't been able to find a good one. I'll work on fixing that now.
Yeah it's fine at the bottom, just looks weird on the side when it's much bigger too, lol. Could be a Chrome error again though. Normally Chrome is pretty stable - not sure why it has errors Sad.
(2012-04-22, 03:41 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's fine at the bottom, just looks weird on the side when it's much bigger too, lol. Could be a Chrome error again though. Normally Chrome is pretty stable - not sure why it has errors Sad.
  • Background has been fixed.
  • Padding issues in Chrome have been fixed.

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming.

Also, if you're looking into purchasing this theme, please keep in mind that I will help you with anything like I said in the original post, I guarantee lifetime support for issues related to the theme. For example, Anxiety found an issue in Chrome and I fixed it, I would do the same for you if you end up purchasing the theme and find any issues. If you're interested, just let me know.
(2012-04-22, 03:47 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-22, 03:41 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's fine at the bottom, just looks weird on the side when it's much bigger too, lol. Could be a Chrome error again though. Normally Chrome is pretty stable - not sure why it has errors Sad.

Also, if you're looking into purchasing this theme, please keep in mind that I will help you with anything like I said in the original post, I guarantee lifetime support for issues related to the theme. For example, Anxiety found an issue in Chrome and I fixed it, I would do the same for you if you end up purchasing the theme and find any issues. If you're interested, just let me know.

Does it look like this to anyone else?
[Image: 163611aefdd284eb64d333d82e213090.png?1335128173]
(2012-04-22, 09:10 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-22, 03:47 AM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]

Does it look like this to anyone else?

What is your resolution?
Pages: 1 2 3