MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop the spammers!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have over 800 spammers accounts signed up to my forums.
All of them add there birthdays to be the day after they sign up as well.

I would like to know how can I stop them all from signing up!??!?!?

What messaures can I put In place.

How can I delete them all and no one by one either.

Thanks.

www.aus86.com/forums
Get:
Registration Security Question (Mods Site). Change the questions to non-default, but mildly challenging ones.

Get:
Goodbye Spammer (Mods Site). This will help get rid of spammers that do sign up. It will allow you to easily ban, submit to SFS, delete posts by the user, threads by the user, PMs by the user, etc.

Get:
StopForumSpam for MyBB (Mods Site). Enable and get an API key from http://stopforumspam.com

Optionally:
Enable ReCaptcha (core). It is in the configuration settings, and you get an API key, pop them in, and it just works.

99% of your spambots will be stopped. I haven't had one in ages. And Goodbye Spammer made it easy to kill.
Thanks will give that a go!!!

How long does it take before Goodbye Spammer gets rid of the spammer accounts?
Goodbye Spammer is manual, unfortunately. See, what you do is when you see a spammer, you just click their name to go to their profile, click "Use the Goodbye Spammer tool on this user" link, then anything that CAN at all be done is autoselected. Therefore, it saves you about 5 billion clicks per spammer Wink
A spambot can be killed in 15 seconds.
not bad...

I tried it out... but some reason the user is gone but the forum is still displaying their damn birthday!!! FFS! I want that gone!
That's odd. Are you banning or deleting the users?
(Delete totally removes them, ban just removes some privileges, but keeps their data)
I go into there page and confirm they are spammers...

After this I go and use the goodbye spammer button but then it says they are deleted. I can see them in the birthday area, i click there name and I get the error stating that they are not a user.
Clear its cache.
& about birthday,why not You set up it only for some usergroups beside normal member?
That's new feature MyBB 1.6.7.
Haven't updated to new version yet.

and 99% of real members are the same usergroup as the spammers until i flag them.