MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Awards not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, on a forum that I administrate the awards page for viewing isn't working. I am unable to contact the site owner and I don't think he knows what to do either.

Error message:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://nubz.net/awards.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
Odds are all you can do is wait. It looks like something is wrong with the server that the site is hosted on.

If it didn't happen until now, I would think it will be a temporary thing.
It's been happening since the site started, about a week ago.
Have you tried just uninstalling the awards plugin and installing it again?
Hmmm... I assume this only happens when the plugin is enabled, and that all other pages work just fine?
I don't have access to plugins at the moment I'll contact the owner and see if he can fix it, but won't that also delete all the awards, meaning I have to redo them all?
I'll check the plugin file. Usually disabling (but not uninstalling --- those are two different things) doesn't remove any data, just stops the running and display of the plugin stuff in templates.

Again, I'll check the file and see if it is safe to do so.

Edit: Oh man, don't disable that. It looks like it nukes the award data.

EDIT2: Let the site owner/admin know to check the error_log file (usually in public_html directory).
Okay, I'll see what he can do when he's next online.
Best of luck to you guys Smile. Errors are never fun. Ever.
What award plugin is that one?

Also, can you post a cap of the error please?
Pages: 1 2