MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My new mod has banned me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I appointed some new mods and gave them some practice threads and I have been banned. I think my IP was banned because I cannot access any of my accounts. I have access to my cPanel. How can regain control of my forum?!?!?!?
Open Cpanel -> phpmyadmin.

View your database and select "mybb_banfilters" table (mybb_ can vary if you set a different table prefix).

View the items in "filter" field and see if your IP is there. If yes the delete that item.
Let this be a lesson to you, that you shouldn't just hire anyone to be a mod.

Doing what Kavin has suggested should work.
(2012-04-23, 02:45 AM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]I appointed some new mods and gave them some practice threads and I have been banned. I think my IP was banned because I cannot access any of my accounts. I have access to my cPanel. How can regain control of my forum?!?!?!?

After you regain control, you do have the moderators IP address who banned your accounts if you go to your moderator logs. And if you have enforce-able agreements in place against such behavior like this, you may be able to subpoena the records of that IP address from the related ISP and then take legal actions against the customer who used that IP at that time and discover who the real person is so you can sue for damages. It's not hard and may cost you around $100 to $200 depending on your state if you're in USA. Worth it if you want pay back. Especially if you HIRED this guy. People who do malicious things like that need to learn the hard way on why they shouldn't do it. all this is my opinion of course.
(2012-04-23, 03:07 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Open Cpanel -> phpmyadmin.

View your database and select "mybb_banfilters" table (mybb_ can vary if you set a different table prefix).

View the items in "filter" field and see if your IP is there. If yes the delete that item.

Fortunately I still had a ACP tab open and for whatever reason the software did not prevent me from using it. I was banned from the forum but not the ACP. Huh

Anyway it was a simple matter of going to the Banned accounts and I saw my IP there and deleted it. Viola I was back in business. Thanks for the cPanel info though I'll keep this thread in mind (I better never need it again though!). Angel

Thanks.
Mods shouldn't be able to bad admins....
(2012-04-23, 01:30 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Mods shouldn't be able to bad admins....

Agree. It's by default mod isn't able to ban admin. Did you made some changes?
Specially Super Admin.
I must have made some changes but I'd like to fix it where this cannot happen again. Don't know how to set myself as super admin.??
Are you main admin on forum? In which group is that mod who banned you?
Pages: 1 2