MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dumb question alert: How to allow mods to close threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I allow regular mods open and close a thread?

Thanks in advance!
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Choose the forum that you want to define a moderator and click Options -> Moderators -> Add a user as Moderator.

This way the user that you added as a moderator will be added to the moderators usergroup and will be able to open and close threads in the forum you chose.
(2012-04-23, 03:39 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Choose the forum that you want to define a moderator and click Options -> Moderators -> Add a user as Moderator.

This way the user that you added as a moderator will be added to the moderators usergroup and will be able to open and close threads in the forum you chose.

But how can i make this global to all mods?
What do you mean?
(2012-04-23, 04:22 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean?

I want all my mods to have the power to close threads without having to be appointed to a forum... Kind of like super mods and admin.
Wouldn't the easiest way to do that be just make them a Super Mod, then? o.o
(2012-04-23, 05:03 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't the easiest way to do that be just make them a Super Mod, then? o.o

Exactly. You can always check "Yes, users of this group are super moderators" in the Moderators usergroup, but what's the point if you have the usergroup Super Moderators?
Because I don't want to give them all the powers a super mod has. I just want them to have this one power.
So you want Super Moderators with huge powers in all bases and Moderators with small powers in all bases? You can either change permissions of Moderators group, add new group or assign moderator group to all forums manually.
(2012-04-23, 11:02 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]So you want Super Moderators with huge powers in all bases and Moderators with small powers in all bases? You can either change permissions of Moderators group, add new group or assign moderator group to all forums manually.

How can I alter the ope/close function for " You can either change permissions of Moderators group"?
Pages: 1 2