MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I keep getting suspended,,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep getting suspended for DDOS by my webhosts. Is there any way to help reduce these problems? What's a good webserver that handles DDOS.

I was recently suspended by MediaTemple and Ipower.
You may want to look into CloudFlare. http://www.cloudflare.com
Try http://hawkhost.com
We use that on PokemonTalk.net with Cloudfare.
Well you can try picking another web host like SpeedySparrow (I'm in love with their service quality).

I think the difference between them and Hawk is little, but I hear your account may be throttled if you overuse resources. What you get from SpeedySparrow is what you get — and they do not oversell.

Cloudflare is great too. I have it over my forum too. Catches lots of spammers as far as I can see
(2012-04-23, 03:28 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can try picking another web host like SpeedySparrow (I'm in love with their service quality).

I think the difference between them and Hawk is little, but I hear your account may be throttled if you overuse resources. What you get from SpeedySparrow is what you get — and they do not oversell.

Cloudflare is great too. I have it over my forum too. Catches lots of spammers as far as I can see

"but I hear your account may be throttled if you overuse resources", who is this aimed at, HawkHost or Sparrow?
Well, should I get a VPS? I have a budget of 20$ a month.
A normal shared hosting is good, how much members do you have? Even labrocca uses shared hosting from dreamhost for SF.
Link us to your site.
I've been in the sysadmin industry for almost a decade. I've dealt with a lot of people, a lot of sites, and a lot of setups. I guarantee you the problem isn't your host, the problem is you pissing off the wrong group of 12-year-olds. If you're flaunting your site on Hack Forums, stop doing that and keep your $20.

With all that said, if you're certain you're innocent and have money to burn, get a VPS and install mod_dosevasive and set up a good firewall. There isn't a lot more you can do.
(2012-04-23, 04:47 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-23, 03:28 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can try picking another web host like SpeedySparrow (I'm in love with their service quality).

"but I hear your account may be throttled if you overuse resources", who is this aimed at, HawkHost or Sparrow?

HH. SpeedySparrow gives set resources via CloudLinux.
Pages: 1 2