MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request for anti copy and anti ad block plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I want Anti copy & anti ads block mod for mybb. as wordpress has plugin for this.

Thankssssss
You've to give detailed explanation for these plugins as to what exactly is the purpose of these ??
You can't stop people copying content, there is always an extremely easy way round any blocks you try and put in place. If you don't want people to copy content from your website then the solution is to not run a website.
today all of the best browsers have many addons that block showing ads on pages , i just want to ask you that build a mod to disable those scripts or addons , so over advertisement should show up there.
You can't block browser add-ons.
The best way is to put an image behind the ad saying something like "We need the adverts to continue delivering free content, so please add an exception in AdBlock for this website" or something. This way, if an add-on blocks the ad, this image will be shown instead.

I think that's the best you could get.
(2012-04-30, 02:16 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You can't block browser add-ons.

Actually, you can detect if they're in use and take steps against them: http://www.coderanger.com/blog/?p=56
can any body help me to add this script to first post only in my forum?

script link here

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noselect.htm
(2012-05-01, 01:30 AM)Bencori Wrote: [ -> ]The best way is to put an image behind the ad saying something like "We need the adverts to continue delivering free content, so please add an exception in AdBlock for this website" or something. This way, if an add-on blocks the ad, this image will be shown instead.

I think that's the best you could get.

Hey man, thanks for your idea. Its what i want for me.

So... What i suppose to do to put a image behind the Ads? I have MyAdvertisement in my brand new Forum, just added the code from Google, but, i want to put a image behind.

Thanks in advance.