MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ability to view all posts with forums/categories along the side
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://vanillaforums.org/discussions

I think it's pretty clear what I mean here. Would be nice to be able to see the whole board at a glance and drill down if I want to.
Sounds cool to me.
So allow threads to have categories? Nice.

a lot of forum software uses [brackets] for categorizing in there thread titles. I think that;s annoying.
This is what I hated about Vanilla.

At least there would be the option.
(2012-04-23, 03:26 PM)kdevs Wrote: [ -> ]So allow threads to have categories? Nice.

a lot of forum software uses [brackets] for categorizing in there thread titles. I think that;s annoying.

Well no, the categories are forums, basically. But there's a way to view all threads regardless of forum.

@Josh: Haha, I can see why some people would hate it, and it should definitely be optional.
Something like this would make good sense for a "todays posts" type of feature (ie. any summary type area). I'm not sure I'd like it as the standard, though. It certainly has a place imo.
Not liking it as a standard thing either, if it was an option where we can turn this off, that's fine.
Either way it just seems logical to me that there be some way to view all topics on the board regardless of forum, at least.
Actually, forums are like directories (and threads are like files).

Vanilla uses a more modern approach, like semantic tags instead of directories.