MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrate MyBB with existing user DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi Guys,

I have a big database-driven site with several thousands of users. I am wanting to implement a MyBB forum, particularly because I have heard that it works very well with postgresSQL databases.

I have seen a lot of sites with forums (not myBB specifically) that have a separate registration/login system for the forum. My question is wether it is easy to set up MyBB to use my existing user database so that my users don't need duplicate accounts.

Thanks in advance,
Will.
It would be far easier to make the current system use the same login functions that MyBB uses. Editing the core login system right now is a bit of a bother unfortunately.
(2012-04-23, 03:10 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It would be far easier to make the current system use the same login functions that MyBB uses. Editing the core login system right now is a bit of a bother unfortunately.

Yeah?

That is very unfortunate. My site is a large online java game with a huge number of users. I would rather not have users needing 2 separate logins Undecided.
Yeah, I can see why it would be annoying. I'm sure you could get somebody to create some kind of plugin or modification to allow logins via the current account system, though you would likely have to pay for it. Try posting in the plugin request forum.