MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't expand the list of template files in template manager - mySQL error: 1104
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - i'm new to myBB but what i've seen so far i really like! However I'm encountering an error in the admin template manager.

I need to customise the template files but when i click expand next to the Default Templates, i get a mySQL error: 1104 as shown below. I don't really know much mySQL but i notice it says the SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows. I remember when i was fiddling about when i first installed myBB, i clicked 'add template' then leaving everything in the add template form except the name blank, and leaving the Template Set as 'default templates' i clicked the add template button. Could I have added an extra template and hence caused this more than 'MAX_JOIN_SIZE' error?
Ok any help appreciated - want to get on and start modding!
Thomas.

from clicking expand next to default templates...
Templates in this color are custom templates, not included in MyBB by default.

mySQL error: 1104
The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
Query: SELECT t1.* FROM mybb_templates t1 LEFT JOIN mybb_templates t2 ON (t1.title=t2.title AND t2.sid='-2') WHERE t1.sid='1' AND ISNULL(t2.template) ORDER BY t1.title ASC
Template Management (Default Templates)
OK UPDATE - I've installed Belloman's Crystal_Black theme and templates to see if i could expand his modded templates but i get the same mySQL error. Help!

Maybe it's the version of mySQL i'm using: 5.0.24-standard .
From the bug reports, this seems to be associated with Windows servers only although it could be present on Unix/Linux, but it has not been recorded.

The bug is defined with a fix here:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=20023
Thanks SnakEyez for the super quick reply and help! Um i'm not too sure (i mean i have no idea) how to implement the proposed work around. Could you point me in the right direction by any chance?
Again thanks!
ps just checked and my hosting is done on red hat.