MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem after upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,after "uploading change files package mybb 1.8".my forum gets error.it's so difficult to view forum.always alerts "the server is busy,please try again"
thanks for any help
That error has nothing to do with myBB. This is a server error saying that there are too many people connected to the server your website is on. You should contact your host for further assistance.
Please go into your Admin-CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Server and Optimization Options and change the NIX setting to fit your needs.
to SnakEyez Just 2 persons connect to my forum that time
to Michael83 which limit is fit my needs?i have set 5.0 before.
my forum has just opened 1 months and i have 50 members,yesterday everything seems good,they can access my forum but today ,when access forum,they alway see the message from forum: "the server is busy,please try again"
i'm sure just about 10 persons connect to my forum a time
what is my problem?
Alr,maybe i need to contact my host to know whether they are loading servers
It doesn't matter how many people are connected to the forums. This error has nothing to do with the forums, nor the mySQL database. This means that your server has reached its connection limit. This means that your website, as well as the others on your server, all shut down simultaneously. This is because unless you are paying for a dedicated server you are not the only account on your server.

You should ask your host if you can be moved to another server because it seems obvious that the server you are on has too many accounts.
thanks for telling me about this
Are you on FreeBSD? If so I had a similar issue with the default nix limit. I set it to zero been fine ever since. I am not sure if the nix reader is correct for FreeBSD. I know it runs the process differently than linux does.
asmilewyt Wrote:hello,after "uploading change files package mybb 1.8".my forum gets error.it's so difficult to view forum.always alerts "the server is busy,please try again"
thanks for any help

Is the error like a MyBB error (has MyBB header and footer) or is it a plain page?
FREEBSD?
yeah,i have to set nix limit to 0 and it works...it's strange
first time i install mybb i set to 5.0 and nothing happens till yesterday
now i have to set 0 to solve this problem

to dennisTT :yes (has MyBB header and footer)
i'm not sure what does it says because i translated to vietnamese all
i can tell you it says "the server is busy.please try again"
asmilewyt Wrote:to dennisTT :yes (has MyBB header and footer)
i'm not sure what does it says because i translated to vietnamese all
i can tell you it says "the server is busy.please try again"

Yes, then changing the setting to 0 (or a higher number than 5) will solve the problem. It happens when the server load is higher than what you set (too many people on, etc)
Pages: 1 2