MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] change forum layout for each category?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My website is here, for visual reference: http://kadinrpg.net/

I have an 'unclaimed territory' category, and an 'out of character' category. I was wondering if it was possible to change the layout of the forums in each category separately. As in, I would like for the forums listed in the Out of Character Category to be in two columns, since they will not have images, will have shorter descriptions, and I would like them to take up less space.

I noticed that each category/forum has its own 'forumdisplay.php?fid=#' URL, so I'm hopefully assuming that it is possible to edit the coding to each category/forum individually? If so, could you explain how its done for me?

SOLUTION: It is a mediocre work around, but I made an Out of Character Category, Made one OOC board, with its name set to display:none; and then added the forums I wanted as sub forums to that board, then put links to them inside the description textarea of the OOC board. I hope that makes sense!
sure, create a new theme with the appropriate templates and then specify that theme specific to the forum in the forum management
I must be doing something wrong. I'm not very good when it comes to messing with themes and templates. Then I change the category to use that new template/theme. I also changed the forum in that category to use that theme.

I added a new theme, then made a new template set and set the new theme with it. On the main page of the forums, there is no difference, but when I click on the category name, and it brings me /just/ that category, then it has changed back to default.

Its a step in the right direction, but I don't understand why its not changing on the main forum page. Probably something conflicting, but I have no idea where or what...