MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [How to] Add a Skype option in my members User Contact Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this possible?

How would i go about doing this?
It would be a custom field, and as a result, it wouldn't show up with the other contact details.
Yeah just add a Custom Profile Field named "Skype" and users can add their Skype profile URLs or IDs there. Be warned that fields aren't verified if they are proper Skype profiles, so they could possibly add anything they want there.

Edit: If you want to verify input they place there or you want the profile field to be displayed in a special place, you'd need to write a simple plugin (or use one if one's available) to accomplish this.
I added it into the custom profile field and it pops up in the "Additional Details". So there is no way at all to have it in the "Contact Details"?

Hmm...
Not without a new plugin.

There was an old plugin, but it doesn't work anymore.
You could try modifying the templates to force the profile field to appear in the list you want. It depends if specific custom profile fields can be displayed in the templates you want. The postbit and usercp ones should do, but it can't hurt to try.
(2012-04-26, 02:02 AM)Jazza Wrote: [ -> ]You could try modifying the templates to force the profile field to appear in the list you want. It depends if specific custom profile fields can be displayed in the templates you want. The postbit and usercp ones should do, but it can't hurt to try.

I'll take a crack at it. Smile