MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Webmasters Bay | New forum and with awesome theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow ... I'm inclined to close this purely for the outrageous similarity to webmasters.biz ...but I do not know what the staff think about clone sites yet...

internal discussion pending...

but wow...
Get some content before you post. Your forum that's most posted in? Introductions. How many posts there? 7. Your theme is also awful. Please join the rest of us in 2012.
(2012-04-26, 05:34 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I despise the word "bay" as a replacement for "forum(s)". Just me?

Nope. "Hut" also comes to mind. -.-
The second link in "Great Deals and Offers" has an extra "http://"
Haha haters will be haters and dont say that i cloned webmasterforums because i didnt and im pretty sure most people on here clones sites to xD
Your website is clearly a clone of webmasterforums, even the descriptions are identical. We're not haters, you are showcasing your forum and if something is wrong it's obvious that we will say what is wrong.
(2012-04-27, 12:14 AM)Monkey Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Haha haters will be haters and dont say that i cloned webmasterforums because i didnt

Same forums, very similar theme, same sidebar, exact same "Great Deals and Offers" box, Exact same forum descriptions. I can go on. It's a real poor excuse of a forum.

(2012-04-27, 12:14 AM)Monkey Boy Wrote: [ -> ]and im pretty sure most people on here clones sites to xD

Most people on here can come up with their own ideas and concepts. If you want a successful site, take inspiration from others but don't blatently try to copy them.
(2012-04-27, 02:04 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Most people on here can come up with their own ideas and concepts. If you want a successful site, take inspiration from others but don't blatently try to copy them.

Quoting for truth, great post.

Taking inspiration is definitely what every successful webmaster has done. However, you've carbon copied it and expected no one to notice, but most of all, expected the same success.
I don't often comment in showcase section but i need to ask few questions:

Where are the rules (or T.O.S) ?

Who is going to fill all empty subforums ? Users ?

As as potential user why should i join your site ? Why should i even register ? What are the benefits of joining empty forum ?
Ouch.
Pages: 1 2 3