MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be cool to have official support for wordpress integration. I know there are some forums out there that do this and pride themselves on it. IMO, the other free offerings don't cut it. The only thing that comes close is phpbb, but although it is a much sought after feature, a lot of the plugins for phpbb that managed to accomplish such integration have died. There is a need for the CMS forum combo and in fact the wordpress guys themselves recognized this when they acquired bbpress. However, bbpress is really behind the curve. This is where I think mybb would fit in nicely as there are definitely some people out there looking for a great forum that will integrate with a great CMS system Smile.
There will be an API system to make integration easier but don't count on any official plugin. I'm sure there will be people who will be eager to create such a plugin nearer to the time of release.
(2012-04-26, 10:18 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There will be an API system to make integration easier but don't count on any official plugin. I'm sure there will be people who will be eager to create such a plugin nearer to the time of release.

Thanks for the reply Nathan. While it is a bit disappointing to here that the idea is off of the table and there wont be an official plugin, I am glad to know that it will be easier for third parties to implement integration in 2.0. Thank you.
WP is VERY popular CMS. So... I'm agree. We need WP integration.