MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TechTimes | Technology Help and Discussion Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-06-11, 10:34 PM)dojo Wrote: [ -> ]1. don't use a .tk domain. invest few bucks and get a decent domain name.
2. the design looks good overall. Even the header image is nice.
3. you have too many categories and no content at all. Try to start with 5-8 categories and fill them with content.

thanks for the reply friend....

i am not using .tk anymore... now the forum is at www.techtimes.co.in
glad u liked the header and design.
Added a blog section to the forum at blog.techtimes.co.in

Will start posting on blog soon. Guest authors invited.

Although i get good number of page views everyday, how do i attract people to join my forum.

Forum: www.techtimes.co.in
Blog: www.blog.techtimes.co.in
Hi

My forum @ www.techtimes.co.in now updated with a EURO special banner. Check it out friends.
It's a tech forum with one sports section. Why would you have your site banner based on the Euro's?
Header pretty much has nothing to do with your forum, overused theme, too many sections, etc.. You should really work on generalizing those sections until you're bigger, then branch out the ones with lots of different topics in it. :/
thanks for the reply friends.

the euro banner was updates only for three days. now the banner has been changed.

instead of having a static banner, i thought it would be good to change it on a timely basis.
Alright, I also think you need to drastically reduce the amount of sections you have.
Am I the only one who doesn't like that kind of stats in the homepage? At least I can see them in the footer, but when they are in the top of the page looks just ugly, in my opinion.

Anxiety is right, you don't need that number of sections.
(2012-07-02, 09:46 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who doesn't like that kind of stats in the homepage? At least I can see them in the footer, but when they are in the top of the page looks just ugly, in my opinion.

Agreed. The whole header looks pretty messy and ugly if you ask me. Everything above the first category is off-putting.
There is literally no content visible on the page when it's first opened. Zero. None.
Pages: 1 2 3 4