MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A rather small problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed an MyBB 1.6.6 forum under http://www.helcan.com/mybb/ a few weeks back, had my problems with spammers which delayed me a bit and now I am in the process of adding more threads after cleaning the spams.
My only problem now is how to approve threads or replies that are in moderation. I found the plugin Mod Notify 1.5 which is supposed to make it easy for all my needs. I read the installation instructions of the plugin which are confusing:

1. Upload all files from "root" directory to your mybb installation on the server
2. Go to ACP -> Plugins and activate "Moderator notifications" plugin
3. Go to ACP -> Settings -> "Moderator notifications" and configure plugin

When I open the main folder of the plugin I get an inc folder and inside it there are three folders: languages, plugins and tasks and inside those three there are additional folders and some files. The folders languages, plugins and tasks are also inside the main installation of MyBB and in the own inc folder.
I am lost at this stage, if I install the files as the developer states in the installation instructions above, I will be overwriting the existing same name files.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you all

Costas
You won't be overwriting anything. That's jsut the file structure MyBB uses. Upload the whole inc folder to your forum root and tell your FTP client to merge the folder contents.
Thank you euantor I did as per suggestion and all was installed properly and shows under configuration after I activated the plugin. But I still have a problem which is easier to explain with a test I did in: http://www.helcan.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=40
I created this test thread in the password protected Forum Test (the password is 1234) Then using an other browser I visited as a guest (after allowing guests to add replies to the Test Forum only) and I managed to add a reply with no problem.
Then I went back to the main browser and tried to figure out how to approve the new reply, there was no suitable link. So I created a Thread tool under Moderator tools and just named it "Approve" for Approve replies and under Thread moderation and Approve/Unapprove thread I selected Approve and under Open/close thread I selected Open.
Then I went to the test thread and the short reply was in pink, I selected the tiny square near Post 2 and went down to Moderations options and found at the bottom my new Approve selection. I selected it and clicked Go. Nothing happened to the pink test reply. This may be a normal situation, simply to indicate that this entry is not from a registered user, or I may be missing something.
I am very sorry for taking so much of your time, you see among others I am an oldie at 74 years of age, I am probably missing a few things. One last question: is there a manual or tutorial somewhere to take a new user in a step by step guide of all things that can be done and changed in MyBB.
There is no question that MyBB is the best Forum out there and would like to learn all details if possible.

Thank you for your patience an help.

Costas Lazarou

(2012-04-26, 04:02 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be overwriting anything. That's jsut the file structure MyBB uses. Upload the whole inc folder to your forum root and tell your FTP client to merge the folder contents.