MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Good Idea]Great Forum Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
All of as know the way to control forum is 2 way
1-Cpanel that you upload your MyBB forum
2-Admin cp Template etc

Why the developer make it shortcut
Like on admin cp like theme plungis Smilles etc why we not make
Image mange
So we can easy change images in forum like
Forum new post-Forum no new post-Forum locked
And logo
And new thread-hot thread etc
Background image
Just guys imagen that
Its will be awesome
one the user click on mange forum images its come with option like what images youant to mange it 1-index 2-calendar 3-thread etc
Example I click on index option
Then its came with all images in index page and near it the image pathV
Just delet the old link and give new link (example.com/images.gif .pej
Then when user done only click save then we are done
I hope you like it
That would be hugely complex to create and maintain. Images are shared between pages, you'd need to track each individual image, there are hundreds of images used within MyBB, not to mention with multiple themes you're possibly left with having to sift through thousands of images, etc... It's an enormous amount of work for something you can easily do via either templates or FTP. Why have a web interface for this when every modern control panel provides some function to do this already?

It's a waste of code imho. A static resource manager for CSS and Javascript is a more suitable idea.
:s anyway you like it?
(2012-04-27, 10:38 AM)Killer_36 Wrote: [ -> ]:s anyway you like it?

I already stated I think it would be a waste of code. I don't see it being implemented, we'd be reinventing the wheel. Performance wise it wouldn't be heatly either. It would be at least one extra global query to fetch the data about each image. MyBB is known for being lighweight, I think a large system such as this would kill that.
Wow, you see it would kill the system but I see it good make it shortcut
I don't think this is quite necessary.

Let me guess, you got this from phpBB?
This actually sounds harder to manage than just doing it through FTP ...
(2012-04-27, 10:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I already stated I think it would be a waste of code. I don't see it being implemented, we'd be reinventing the wheel. Performance wise it wouldn't be heatly either. It would be at least one extra global query to fetch the data about each image. MyBB is known for being lighweight, I think a large system such as this would kill that.

How would it be a waste of code? I dont get that. Anyway, This idea, in my view is based on users starting out or unfamiliar with mybb. I actually think this is a good idea. MyBB really needs to focus on newbie usability, after all if a new users starts using mybb and cant get to grips with it quickly, they'll soon give up and move on. Im not saying mybb is difficult to use but there are people out there that may struggle at first.

Referring to nathan's post, I hate to see that when a staff member says things like "I think it would be a waste of code" & passing the idea as a no go in regards to performance. You dont disegard an idea because its performance intensive, IMO thats just an easy way for a developer to say, no. Developers need to overcome these performance issues to implement such features.

Im not speaking about this idea in particular, but ideas in general. There are some awesome ideas out there but there all blown off because of "performance" etc... MyBB needs to step up and implement features like notifications and stuff like that. Keeping mybb lightweight and basic forever (in regards to xenforo, ip board etc..), might not always be the most attractive forum to use.
That is right frank rlly just for mange it
Btw there is some images not that images
I agree with Nathan here. To change an images) doesn't take much - just create the appropriate file(s) and upload them via FTP - voila! New images(s) for the forum!
Pages: 1 2