MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Slow Loading and Missing Mod Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have several people, including the admin, who is having a lot of problems with this MyBB powered forum - TalkParanormal.com . Some have reported load times of as much as 3 minutes as well as pages completely timing out.

There are also some problems with some Mod actions such as splitting posts, moving threads.... To be specific the 'Inline Post Moderation:' does not function and always shows '0' regardless of how many you select. The lower menu - 'Moderation Options:' seems to work.

Another issue is post views. There are a few threads here and there with post views higher than 0 but most show '0 views' no matter how many replies they have.

This forum has been online for several years and is fairly active. These issues did not start until recently. The host has run diagnostics and checked logs and claim that there are no issues with hosting or the server (It is a HostGator VPS)

Edit to add:

Another thing I forgot is that sometimes members will show as 'unregistered' on a post. There are even posts that have been made by the Admin which show her as 'Unregistered' instead of 'Admin'
WOW! So I suppose I am completely alone on this. A week and over 100 views but not one reply. So much for support......
Well, it took forever to load... I found putting a www in front of your link helped.

It looks like you are still mybb 1.4 (with an intact copyright notice) and you have some 100k of posts and are heading towards 9k of threads. It COULD just be the size of your DB. You might want to ask what the entry requirements are for big board and see if you can optimise.
(2012-05-05, 04:16 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it took forever to load... I found putting a www in front of your link helped.

It looks like you are still mybb 1.4 (with an intact copyright notice) and you have some 100k of posts and are heading towards 9k of threads. It COULD just be the size of your DB. You might want to ask what the entry requirements are for big board and see if you can optimise.

Thanks. Actually, according to admin dashboard, the forum is - "You are currently running MyBB 1.6.4"

Quote:entry requirements are for big board

Not sure what you mean there.

The forum loads slowly for a few people but we cant figure out why. It loads fast and well for me. I have used load time testers online and usually get 4 to 5 seconds which is a bit long maybe but not 'time out' long like quite a few people are experienceing

Thank you very much for the reply. Any advice or feedback may help a lot.
(2012-05-05, 03:04 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]WOW! So I suppose I am completely alone on this. A week and over 100 views but not one reply. So much for support......

We're all unpaid volenteers here who support members in our own free time. There's nothing we can do about that. If you would have read the support guidelines, your thread would have had a reply by now.

That attitude isn't going to help you either.
(2012-05-05, 04:32 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Actually, according to admin dashboard, the forum is running on You are currently running MyBB 1.6.4

Upgrading to 1.6.7 would be a start. 1.6.4 was released nearly a year ago.

ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Delayed Thread View Updates > Make sure that's set to off.

What plugins do you have installed? Also can you please post the debug stats from the bottom of the forum index?
(2012-05-05, 04:32 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-05, 03:04 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]WOW! So I suppose I am completely alone on this. A week and over 100 views but not one reply. So much for support......

We're all unpaid volenteers here who support members in our own free time. There's nothing we can do about that. If you would have read the support guidelines, your thread would have had a reply by now.

That attitude isn't going to help you either.

I read the Support guidelines, apologies if there are any mistakes in how I posted my question above. Do you mean that my being surporised that there were over 100 views with no replies is a bad attitude? No, it is not. It was genuine surprise.

(2012-05-05, 04:38 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-05, 04:32 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Actually, according to admin dashboard, the forum is running on You are currently running MyBB 1.6.4

Upgrading to 1.6.7 would be a start. 1.6.4 was released nearly a year ago.

ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Delayed Thread View Updates > Make sure that's set to off.

What plugins do you have installed? Also can you please post the debug stats from the bottom of the forum index?

Delayed Thread View Updates is set to off.

AND WOW! There are a lot of plugins:

Admin Post Edit (1.0)
Admins can log into Users' accounts (1.0)
Board Messages (2.0.0)
Contact Form (3.0)
Donation Page (1.0)
Easy Refer (2.0)
Reason (1.0)
Game Section (1.2 RC3)
Google SEO (1.1.9)
Guests and lurkers combined message2 (2.0)
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home (1.0)
The Minimum Posts Suite (1.1)
My Ad Manager (1.1.4)
My Meta Tags (2.1a)
My Side Boxes (1.0)
Nofollow link (1.0)
Online 24 (2.2)
Prevent Posts With Links (1.0)
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1)
PM On Registration (1.2.0)
Profile Buddies (1.0)
Prune Members (2.0)
Reported Posts In Thread (1.0)
Report PM (1.0)
RSS To Post (1.2.2)
Signature image limit (1.1)
ThankYou (3.0.7)
Unread PM Notification (1.0.4)

Forgot the debug stats:

Generated in 0.2026110 seconds (88.26% PHP / 11.74% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 28 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0835791 / Memory Usage: 11 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.24 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Generated in 0.1519620 seconds (95.24% PHP / 4.76% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 13 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0811961 / Memory Usage: 10 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.44 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Generated in 0.1075509 seconds (94.97% PHP / 5.03% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 13 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0808721 / Memory Usage: 10.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.54 / GZip Compression: Enabled

From three different page loads...
(2012-05-05, 05:02 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]I read the Support guidelines, apologies if there are any mistakes in how I posted my question above. Do you mean that my being surporised that there were over 100 views with no replies is a bad attitude? No, it is not. It was genuine surprise.

It states "You may bump your thread after 24 hours has passed". We can't get to every thread within minutes of posting.

Also, most of those views are probably from bots and crawlers. Some threads get as high as 100,000 views within 24 hours, depending on the subject.

(2012-05-05, 05:02 PM)dslone Wrote: [ -> ]Delayed Thread View Updates is set to off.

AND WOW! There are a lot of plugins:

Admin Post Edit (1.0)
Admins can log into Users' accounts (1.0)
Board Messages (2.0.0)
Contact Form (3.0)
Donation Page (1.0)
Easy Refer (2.0)
Reason (1.0)
Game Section (1.2 RC3)
Google SEO (1.1.9)
Guests and lurkers combined message2 (2.0)
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home (1.0)
The Minimum Posts Suite (1.1)
My Ad Manager (1.1.4)
My Meta Tags (2.1a)
My Side Boxes (1.0)
Nofollow link (1.0)
Online 24 (2.2)
Prevent Posts With Links (1.0)
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1)
PM On Registration (1.2.0)
Profile Buddies (1.0)
Prune Members (2.0)
Reported Posts In Thread (1.0)
Report PM (1.0)
RSS To Post (1.2.2)
Signature image limit (1.1)
ThankYou (3.0.7)
Unread PM Notification (1.0.4)

Admins can log into Users' accounts is known to cause posts to show as posted by unregistered members. That should be disabled. You should also disable/remove any plugins which aren't in use.

Can you also posted the debug stats from the forum footer? That'll give us more information as to where the slowdown is.
I never thought to bump.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I will disable "Admins can log into Users' accounts"

From the forum footer:

Generated in 0.2026110 seconds (88.26% PHP / 11.74% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 28 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0835791 / Memory Usage: 11 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.24 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Generated in 0.1519620 seconds (95.24% PHP / 4.76% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 13 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0811961 / Memory Usage: 10 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.44 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Generated in 0.1075509 seconds (94.97% PHP / 5.03% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 13 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0808721 / Memory Usage: 10.25 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 0.54 / GZip Compression: Enabled
You should consider upgrading to the latest PHP version for best performance. What MySQL version are you running? I have a feeling you're running 5.1 while 5.5 has some significant improvements towards speed and overall stability.

You should also join the Big Board Owners group here (See: http://community.mybb.com/usercp.php?action=usergroups ) so you can talk privately and get support from other big board owners. It's really worth it.
Pages: 1 2