MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Pet Forum for ALL Pet species
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well done in general, could be better: 7 / 10

Domain name: 7/10

Favicon: 4/10
- to improve: increase contrast / readability, and coordinate it with the logo - so it looks the same.

Logo: 7/10
- to improve: replace the gray with a light color like the green used in the Register button.

Text under logo button: 2/10
- to improve: change to a color like white so it contrasts with its background and is much more readable.

Advertisement / Forum Positioning: 4/10
- to improve: reverse sides with the forum on the left and ads on the right.

Descriptions of each forum: 2/10
- to improve: change to a color like white so it contrasts with its background and is much more readable.
I love it! Just joined your community! Maybe you could join myn to? Angel I posted my puppy Chaos
Thanks all for checking it out.

(2012-05-01, 10:16 PM)fakeblondguy Wrote: [ -> ]I love it! Just joined your community! Maybe you could join myn to? Angel I posted my puppy Chaos
Are you proposing a post exchange? Smile

(2012-04-27, 07:10 PM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]The latest threads shouldn't be there. Maybe keep it at bottom of page.

Anyone else agree with this? I was thinking about adding announcement in that side box.
Disgusting amount of ads IMO. Makes it feel unwelcoming.
Looks good i have registered and i will take a good look around when i get time if you want any staff i will be willing to help out.
I'm very impressed with your choice of colors and matching custom buttons. I have not seen these colors used before. They are pleasing to look at. The only thing annoying about the theme is your forum descriptions are unreadable. The text color blends into the background so much, I didn't bother trying to figure it out.

The topic choices look good.

The ads are positioned in an annoying way. I think you should move your sidebar to the right side. And do something about those google ads on the top. They take away from the homey feel of the forum. And I'm not sure how to fix them.
(2012-05-07, 01:54 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Disgusting amount of ads IMO. Makes it feel unwelcoming.

You are the first I heard that one from. All ads are pet related though.

(2012-05-07, 03:34 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good i have registered and i will take a good look around when i get time if you want any staff i will be willing to help out.

May I ask what user name you register with?

(2012-05-07, 04:54 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very impressed with your choice of colors and matching custom buttons. I have not seen these colors used before. They are pleasing to look at. The only thing annoying about the theme is your forum descriptions are unreadable. The text color blends into the background so much, I didn't bother trying to figure it out.

The topic choices look good.

The ads are positioned in an annoying way. I think you should move your sidebar to the right side. And do something about those google ads on the top. They take away from the homey feel of the forum. And I'm not sure how to fix them.

The main parent forums' descriptions are not meant for human eyes. They are really for SEO purposes. The actual descriptions for sub-forums are what people suppose to read. :p

The header ads are Chitika, not Google. I am still experimenting with ads. So nothing is permanent.

Thank you all for the suggestions.
(2012-05-07, 07:13 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask what user name you register with?

registered as lablover
Definitely think you need to reduce the amount of ads you have, or at least the placement. One at the side, not two.
(2012-05-07, 11:04 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-07, 07:13 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask what user name you register with?

registered as lablover

Start posting on the forum with good content will be great help. Toungue

(2012-05-08, 12:05 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely think you need to reduce the amount of ads you have, or at least the placement. One at the side, not two.

I just thought the bottom half of the side of the forum would look quite empty, so I filled it up with another ad.
Pages: 1 2 3