MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is London?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can you tell me about London? It's a city that always amazed me and I want to go there, maybe live and work there. But I want to know how is London from someone who lives there or been there for a good amount of time to know this city. Economy, the people, the environment, entertainment, etc. Tell me how is London, I want to hear your personal opinions.

If you are wondering, I'm portuguese.
Well there was a madman threatening to blow up an office building there today....
(2012-04-27, 05:42 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Well there was a madman threatening to blow up an office building there today....
I watched the news. It was the one probably who captured 4 hostages as well?

Besides from London, USA has always amazed me. To be specific, New York. The tall skyscrapers, one which doesn't seem to end and you literally lean even after your back and though cannot see the tip. I always wanted to see two places, New York and Egypt. Egypt's ancient culture and stories also always excited me since childhood. Regarding NYC, when I was 4 or something like that, I heard about those cloud touching WTC and always had dream to see it since then.

Two years later, they fell, right 3 days after my b'day, I was 6 by then. I am an Indian, though I somehow got attached with WTC since childhood.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread, lol, I flew back into nostalgia.
Not gonna lie Egypt is pretty badass.

I love london mostly for it's culture. You could see any man angry as no other, walk into a pub and walk out happy just from watching the game. Pretty cool culture compared to NA. I also like how if you are on a train with anyone, that shares your team you have a great convo starter. Man, if I said Hi to a leafs fan on the Train in Canada, I'd get shot. :s
(2012-04-27, 06:46 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna lie Egypt is pretty badass.
Badass as in good I take? If so, yes. Its mummies, pyramids, always made me think that I had to see that place once in my life at least. I was attracted to it by seeing the documentaries and cartoons in childhood related to it as well.
(2012-04-27, 07:27 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
Badass as in good I take? If so, yes. Its mummies, pyramids, always made me think that I had to see that place once in my life at least. I was attracted to it by seeing the documentaries and cartoons in childhood related to it as well.

It is good, better if you are tanned as everything is cheaper. The pyramids are really like a 10 minute drive from Cario.
It's wonderful and terrible depending where you are.
(2012-04-27, 06:33 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Besides from London, USA has always amazed me. To be specific, New York. The tall skyscrapers, one which doesn't seem to end and you literally lean even after your back and though cannot see the tip. I always wanted to see two places, New York and Egypt. Egypt's ancient culture and stories also always excited me since childhood. Regarding NYC, when I was 4 or something like that, I heard about those cloud touching WTC and always had dream to see it since then.

Two years later, they fell, right 3 days after my b'day, I was 6 by then. I am an Indian, though I somehow got attached with WTC since childhood.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread, lol, I flew back into nostalgia.

Same here. Like you said, specially the skyscrapers. It's a giant city full of business, nothing that I'm used to see, only in pictures.

And no problem for the hijack. Wink

I love london mostly for it's culture. You could see any man angry as no other, walk into a pub and walk out happy just from watching the game. Pretty cool culture compared to NA. I also like how if you are on a train with anyone, that shares your team you have a great convo starter. Man, if I said Hi to a leafs fan on the Train in Canada, I'd get shot. :s

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Smile

Solidus Wrote:It's wonderful and terrible depending where you are.

What do you mean?
(2012-04-27, 07:48 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]It's wonderful and terrible depending where you are.

This completely.

It can be a beautiful historical place, day or night, but it can also be one of the roughest places in Europe to visit. By rough I mean dangerous, there's lots of "gangs" who have no problem mugging you, or more.

As a tourist it's probably a great place to visit. If you stay in a hotel and in the day/night visit the monuments, as there's little chance you'll run into trouble in such a public place. But if you visit the bars, or walk down a quiet street... it can be quite scary, but it's unlikely you'll do that.
Just stay in the better maintained areas, and you must go to the Royal Albert Hall. Inside is just remarkable http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&...ih=503#p=0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7