MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Built in iTrader/EZ Trader and Invite Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are two necessary add ons in my opinion. There needs to be an option within MyBB for invite only to be a standard feature.

Also these trading reputation systems are great for forums with classifieds.
I don't think either of these really "need" to be default.

As you said iTrader and what not is only really useful for forums with marketplaces.

And, well very few forums are invite only (besides it kind of defeats the purpose of a forum imo).

Quote:A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
(2012-04-28, 05:24 AM)memberrc Wrote: [ -> ]These are two necessary add ons in my opinion. There needs to be an option within MyBB for invite only to be a standard feature.

I've always disliked that about forums. A forum is supposed to be a place where anyone can join in and discuss what they like, without needing to be invited.

(2012-04-28, 05:24 AM)memberrc Wrote: [ -> ]Also these trading reputation systems are great for forums with classifieds.

Not all forums have classifieds. That should be a plugin.
A forum may be a place where anyone can join, but it has many different applications. There is a huge demographic that use message boards solely for this reason and it would make MyBB stick out from the rest....

I can't ever get the invite only plugin to work anyways...

I tried to install and received this message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'memberrc_mybb474.mybb_mybb_settinggroups' doesn't exist
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','inviteonly','Invitation Only','Settings For The invitatation only Plugin','1','no')
That's because it's designed for an older version of MyBB. There are newer invite plugins which work flawlessly.
Could you send me a PM?
Trading system should definitely not be stock. Invite only ... hum, I don't think many would use it.
(2012-04-28, 05:40 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-28, 05:24 AM)memberrc Wrote: [ -> ]These are two necessary add ons in my opinion. There needs to be an option within MyBB for invite only to be a standard feature.

I've always disliked that about forums. A forum is supposed to be a place where anyone can join in and discuss what they like, without needing to be invited.

(2012-04-28, 05:24 AM)memberrc Wrote: [ -> ]Also these trading reputation systems are great for forums with classifieds.

Not all forums have classifieds. That should be a plugin.

I think that's pretty narrow minded. There are many people who use forums for private boards, such as internal ones at companies, or gaming clans who only want members to register.
(2012-04-29, 08:10 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's pretty narrow minded. There are many people who use forums for private boards, such as internal ones at companies, or gaming clans who only want members to register.

That's the majority of forums. If the whole point of a forum would be to have an invite only discussion system, it would be a core feature. There are a select few types of forum which 'require' an invite only system, and there's why it would be best suited as a plugin. I'm far from narrow minded, I just look at things from a logical perspective.

Most gaming forums 'require' a shoutbox, that doesn't mean we should include one as core just because the majority of them do.