MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: New License Agreement for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tikitiki Wrote:The last part means that "we" the support team will not give support to distributed modified versions of MyBB
Unless they're the official release from the MyBB site Smile
Let's say I was making a CMS that used MyBB as the forum component

Quote:The modified and re-distributed copies of MyBB must also be distributed with this exact license and licensed as FREE software. You may not charge for the software or distribution of the software.

Would I be allowed to redistribute the CMS under my own licence, and include MyBB in the package under it's own licence, and the download agreement of the whole thing would be "Licenced under My Licence, except for MyBB in directory 'folder' which is licensed under the MyBB EULA"
Tikitiki Wrote:The last part means that "we" the support team will not give support to distributed modified versions of MyBB

The sentence reads as it is about support 'in general'. There is made no distinction who is giving support. It could also mean that you will not allow others to give support. So this sentence is ambigious and therefor it will be clearer when it says that the MyBB support team will not give support to distributed modified versions of MyBB.
Quote:The MyBB Group may alter or modify this license agreement without notification and any changes made to the EULA will affect all past and current copies of MyBB.
Quote:This new modified license agreement will only affect MyBB 1.2 and future versions. 1.1 is still bound by the existing agreement.

Isn't that contradictory?
hmm.. I think there should be a part in there that states "unless otherwise stated"
I agree.
Pages: 1 2