MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar layout easier to switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I apologize if this has been posted already, but basically, it would be nice if it was easier to switch the avatar layouts. There is already an option in the ACP to switch to what they call the classic layout. However, you then also need a plugin to then actually force it:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-117692.html

So, basically, I would like to see this sort of thing easier to switch by default and force without the need of a plugin. Thank you.
See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html

You don't need a plugin. That does the exact same thing.
Thank you for the reply, but my point was not having the individual add or edit lines of code to use the different layout. I was suggesting that the option should be supported by default in the ACP since this layout is standard on a lot of boards.

As a new user of myBB, I was confused at first since it didn't apply, but then I read I had to go and get a plugin or make some code changes. It would not only be nice to have this as some sort of box to check in by default in the ACP, but it would also avoid some confusion for new users of the forum that want this layout. Thank you.
Why only the avatar layout and not something else too? I think there could be different themes with different layouts, but I don't see why we should make an exception with the inclusion of a special switch just for the avatar layout.

Anyway, I think that in the era of widescreens (16:9, 16:10 etc.) it's more intelligent for the default theme to have the user info on the side.
I was always surprised that this was not fixed in 1.6.
(2012-04-28, 12:13 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]Why only the avatar layout and not something else too? I think there could be different themes with different layouts, but I don't see why we should make an exception with the inclusion of a special switch just for the avatar layout.

Anyway, I think that in the era of widescreens (16:9, 16:10 etc.) it's more intelligent for the default theme to have the user info on the side.

Well that side/ classic layout is standard on a lot of boards, that's why I specifically suggested this one. If you have others in mind that may be good, but the idea to at least get this one supported by default so it can be enabled without plugins or code changes would be a start Wink.