MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm excited to be here.

I have to admit, I've been a VB fan for years (disliked all the others), but things are tough & I couldn't ever afford the updates for my previous forums, let alone get a new version for new ideas & domains.

So I get here & I'm awed that this software is open source, so thank you. Smile

I do have to get used to where all the buttons are, I'm finding it hard to focus on where things are, so maybe I'll mention that in another forum.

I need to start a closed membership forum that requires payment.

Is there a plugin for that? Even if it's not a paid membership, I guess I could do it manually.

Thanks

Michelle
Is that only for Pay Pal? I don't take PP, they suck IMO Smile I use a merchant account.

Thanks

Michelle
Yes, that's for paypal. Right Paypal isn't good. Which online paypent do you accept then?
I guess if you use LR/MB they have API, you can create a custom MyBB page and embbeded it with the API.
LOL, not a clue what you said. I'm not a geek, I'm a netrepreneur.

I use regular merchant accounts.

But there's a way to shut down signups so only I can lead them to the register page? Right?

Michelle
This can be done by two ways. (or more maybe)
You can close the registration from Admin CP. So no one can register you make a new account from ACP for the users who pay you.
2: Keep the registration open but you need admin permission required for approval of members. So you can approve disapprove any member you want.
3: Invite system, the user needs invitation code to join your site, which only you or (x) members can give.