MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i`ve just install the MyShowcase System plugin but what do you put in to see it on the forum?
thank but i go to it and it says this
This file is not properly configured in the MyShowcase Admin section of the ACP
(Error label: 'NULL')
Compatibility problem I guess.
please follow the readme in the zip package as well as the follow the information liad out in the built-in Help pages in the ACP > MyShowcase Admin
ive read it i just cant work it out ive changed the template as said in the read me file
go to your header template and find one of the <li>....</li> lines and copy paste that and change the links and text bits to point to and describe the showcase.

as for the other error about it not being properly configured, well you need to set it up in the ACP before you can use it
how do i set it up right in acp m8

what do i put in for
Main File Image Folder Relative Path from Forum

hi now i`ve just got this on the statue
data table for this showcase does not exist
how do i do that m8
directly from the Summary tab of the built-in Help

Quote:Creating a New Showcase

It is highly recommended that a field set be created prior to creating the actual showcase since a field set with all the fields expected is required when creating a new showcase and can not be edited once the database table for the showcase is present.

From the Summary sub-menu, enter a Name, Description, Main File, Image Folder, Relative Path and select a Field Set. Click Add a Showcase.
  • Name: is used on the visitor side for the navigation and a few other keywords in the default language file.
  • Description: is not used on the visitor side, it is purely for admin reference.
  • Main File: is the name of the PHP file that will represent the Showcase and to which you will link your visitors to. The MyShowcase System comes with a file called showcase.php that is uploaded to the MyBB root folder. To use this file as-is for a single Showcase install, specify the Main File field as 'showcase.php' (without the quotes). To use multiple showcases, copy and rename this file, for example, dock.php for boating use or user_pc.php for computer details, and use that as the Main File. You do NOT include path information here.
  • Image Folder: is the path, relative to the specified Main File, that will be used for storing attachments. You must create this folder and set the appropriate write permissions so images can be uploaded there. You MUST use a separate Image Folder for each showcase you create in order to prevent overwriting or corrupting data.
  • Relative Path from Forum: is the path from the MyBB root folder to the Main File. This allows the showcase main file to be located outside the MyBB root folder and still be linked inside MyBB postbits and portal. If you setup the Main File to be located outside the MyBB root folder, you must edit the Main File directly and specify the relative path to the forums. Any required edits are commented as such in the file.
As each showcase created can have any table schema given the field set assigned, once you have created the showcase in the MyShowcase Admin and assigned a complete field set, you need to create the data table. In the Summary sub-menu, for the showcase you want to create, click the drop down menu in the Controls field and select Create Table. Once you create the table, which will be named _myshowcase_dataXX where XX is the ID of the given myshowcase, you can then enable the showcase for use via the same Controls menu. This will not create the link to the showcase, only enable it for use. You need to insert a link to the showcase yourself via the MyBB template editor. This same menu will allow you to disable a specific showcase, such as for maintenance.

and it does not look like you have uploaded all the files in the package.
there all uploaded m8 ,i`ll just have to do without it i just cant get it working

i get a MyBB SQL Error when i click on create table i`ve added a screenshot