MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Built in xThreads like feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I mean it's such a powerful tool it's insane. It adds so much flexibility to mybb that I think if it could be core that would be awesome.

I have feeling this was suggested already but it didn't have a dedicated thread because I did do a quick search Toungue.
Yes Smile
What exactly is xThreads? I keep hearing it everywhere.
(2012-04-28, 09:20 PM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is xThreads? I keep hearing it everywhere.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288
(2012-04-28, 09:20 PM)Alex C. Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is xThreads? ...

Extra thread fields w/ many options for display and filtering.
xThreads is insanely good, but it's also pretty insane in other ways. I think it's best off left as a plugin because it is quite overwhelming if you don't know what you're getting into.
Xthreads is amazing. I'm using for some time in my forums too. Zinga has made a precious framework to build new layouts in a few steps
(2012-04-28, 10:09 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]xThreads is insanely good, but it's also pretty insane in other ways. I think it's best off left as a plugin because it is quite overwhelming if you don't know what you're getting into.

But including minimum feature in core doesn't sound bad at all.

Like extra thread fields.
Zinga is a gifted coder but unsure if adding what is really a huge plugin into the core is going to be very good for the project.

I'd love to do some testing of the performance of xthreads. I imagine it's been written optimally but given that it is so feature rich there could be a hit to performance.
(2012-04-29, 02:37 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Zinga is a gifted coder but unsure if adding what is really a huge plugin into the core is going to be very good for the project.

I'd love to do some testing of the performance of xthreads. I imagine it's been written optimally but given that it is so feature rich there could be a hit to performance.

IIRC he mentions in the documentation file that some feature may use some notable recourses.

But anyways, if it does, it is because xThreads is so powerful that it may seen that it really needs to do so.

Adding a limited yet extending default system in MyBB could be perfect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4