MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Work in progress - minimal style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on a new site and wanted to do something unique with the theme. I've gone for minimal and simple to use, removing a lot of stuff that is little use to my target users.

[attachment=26146] [attachment=26147]

All feedback and constructive criticism welcome.
Ok. So for me you should use other colours. I recommend kuler.adobe.com to get your best set of colours Smile Next the shadows need to be smaller (i think 5px will be great).

But i like the general idea of the theme Big Grin
I like the simplicity, but I find the font is quite hard to read. I think Tahoma or Geneva would be best suited.

Also the shadow is pretty intense for my liking. Maybe reduce that slightly. Smile Overall it's not bad for what it is.
Very interesting. Personally I think the forumdisplay looks a little bit bland, i.e. the thread links need to stand out from the rest of the stuff. Overall the layout is very cool, but I do sincerely hope you work out a nicer colour scheme. This one isn't very appealing.
Yeah, the shadow is no good, neither is the lack of borders. Also I'm kinda over so many rounded corners. I feel like there needs to be more padding, too.
Great simplicity but the only thing to improve is the bg color.
Look likes improve pretty container better seems smooth!
Thanks for the feedback.

(2012-04-29, 08:37 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the shadow is no good, neither is the lack of borders. Also I'm kinda over so many rounded corners. I feel like there needs to be more padding, too.

More padding where?

Is this an improvement?

[attachment=26153] [attachment=26154] [attachment=26155] [attachment=26156]
It looks much better but i don't like colours :C
Yeah the colours are bad.

More padding on the forum display and forum bits, hard to differentiate between each forum/thread
Pages: 1 2