MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error 1045
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'forum'@'184.168.46.85' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

I got this when I changed my Database Password. Not sure what to do.

Edit: Fixed Big Grin
For those having the similar issue should refer to: [Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Wiki Wrote:This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database password is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['password']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
Hi I'm having this exact same problem on my site after moving webhost's just today...

I've already made sure that the database password is the same as the one in the config.php

but I am still receiving the same error.

bump..
Same situation here.
Attempted a move to a new host server and checked the config.php to make sure the password was the same as I set i up to be. I still receive this error for a snow.wirestorm.com

Running Mac OS X 10.8.3
You've definitely supplied the wrong config. This isn't an issue with myBB as much as an issue with your configuration. Double check the username, password and host in inc/config.php.
Thanks Euan T

I made sure the Database was exactly the same but it stil wouldn't work... I was confused out of my mind but in the end I decided to just start my forum from scratch.

But thank you anyways for the response Smile
I am having problems getting into Cartrans tab forum which I can usually do simply from Google search, due to this myBB thing coming up. What has myBB got to do with this????!!!!
Hi, do you own the forum? If so, you'll need to check the inc/config.php file to ensure the password and username settings for the database are correct. If they are and you still can't connect, try contacting your host.