MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding an area for google Adsense to top left of forum??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked at a few plugins which ad a ads space in post bits... what I want to do instead is just included a Google AdSense spot in the top left of the forum body right above/outside of the thread styling as so:
[attachment=26150]
No extra styling, no design around Google AdSense Ads.. just a set max width / height display value.. what's the best way to do this? Should I just past the AdSense code right there without any additional formatting? I'm new to AdSense so this is a first time thing for me with them. Thanks in advance for help!
Create the ad code using google adsense interface of your desired size, then wrap the code with <div> tag like this;
<div align="left">YOUR AD CODE GOES HERE.</div>
(2012-04-30, 07:09 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Create the ad code using google adsense interface of your desired size, then wrap the code with <div> tag like this;
<div align="left">YOUR AD CODE GOES HERE.</div>

Thank you Yaldaram! your my hero, what area in a theme or file do I look for to post this in top left like in the picture?
Should be in header.
(2012-04-30, 07:19 AM)Mr.Kewl Wrote: [ -> ]Should be in header.

Found it! Yes it's in the header template! Thank you!
A better solution is the MyAdvertisements plugin. This will empower you with more options, including click statistics, and the ability to modify ad content from the Admin CP without editing templates.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-advertisements
(2012-04-30, 09:11 AM)Wimbledon Wrote: [ -> ]A better solution is the MyAdvertisements plugin. This will empower you with more options, including click statistics, and the ability to modify ad content from the Admin CP without editing templates.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-advertisements

Thank you, but all of that click statistics and ad content modifications is already included when using Google Analytics in conjunction with AdSense Settings and the url channel in Google AdSense to monitor performance of the ads.

I'd consider a plugin more powerful if it enabled automatic placement of ads in portions of the sites in custom configurations. But considering the differences in forum theme functionality additions/displays and layouts.. it's almost better in my opinion to manually place the AdSense Ads were desired directly in the theme templates. The ads can always be changed via AdSense account settings without having to re-edit the theme templates unless a different AdSense display size needs to be used.
Glad you were able to find a solution for your needs.

To anyone else reading this thread, if you (like me) need to rotate other ads such as private banner placements, then MyAdvertisements is worth consideration.