MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment in Quick Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
any way to add post attachment form in quick reply area?
Not without a plugin. Try this: http://mods.mybb.com/view/wysiwyg-editor
but there is no attachment upload system...
in quick reply

maybe by editing templates?
Actually I read their description before posting here. They said;
Simon S Wrote:Attachment & Smilies - All recent WYSIWYG editors for MyBB had no support for Attachment and Smilies, but our have.

Not sure if it supports attachments since I didn't used it before.
yaldaram, i mean can any template editing make it possible to put attachment upload box in quick reply box.
No, since you've to edit showthread.php file as well.
So then how would one edit showthread.php and other files so that the new reply functions like attachments, smilies, and my codes show on quick reply. Really.. new reply I think just wastes load time and makes it a little more difficult to check what someone wrote before you a few posts up. I think quick reply with advanced features is they way to go. The advancedquickreplyform.php addon does just 3 things on activation:
	find_replace_templatesets("showthread_quickreply", "#".preg_quote("{\$closeoption}</span>")."#i", "{\$closeoption}</span><br />{\$clickablesmilies}");
	find_replace_templatesets("showthread_quickreply", "#rows=\"8\"#i", "rows=\"".advancedquickreplyform_rows()."\"");
	find_replace_templatesets("showthread_quickreply", "#</textarea>#i", "</textarea>\n{\$codebuttons}");
and for the .advancedquickreplyform
function advancedquickreplyform_showthread_start()
{
	global $mybb, $forumpermissions, $thread, $fid, $forum, $codebuttons, $clickablesmilies;

// Add MyCode and smilie inserter
	if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)
	{
		if($mybb->settings['quickreplybbcodeinserter'] != 0)
		{
			$codebuttons = build_mycode_inserter();
		}

if($forum['allowsmilies'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['quickreplysmilieinserter'] != 0)
		{
			$clickablesmilies = build_clickable_smilies();
		}
	}
}

function advancedquickreplyform_rows()
{
	global $mybb;

$rows = 8;

if($mybb->settings['quickreplybbcodeinserter'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['bbcodeinserter'] != 0)
	{
		$rows = 12;
	}

if($mybb->settings['quickreplysmilieinserter'] != 0 && $mybb->settings['smilieinserter'] != 0)
	{
		$rows = 18;
	}

return $rows;
}
?>

So could someone convert this into simple copy and paste directions with the extra code for attachments on quick reply template? I think it's ok if we have to edit both theme and php files, so long as a webmaster makes backups before editing there's really no risk of loss. All in all I think directions like that would really help quite a few people in the community.
Bump... ok... so I managed to get a sexy looking quick reply with MyCodes and a smilie inserter,
[attachment=26330]
There may be conflicts if I add the plugin Yaldaram suggested as I'm already using adv quick reply plugin. The plugin Yaldaram suggested also has it's own javascripts, many php files, etc etc which all in all seems a bit excessive since all the content needed to use attachments is ALREADY there on MyBB. So instead of loading up the forum with a ton of more files is there a simple way to just use the newreply attachment system on quickreply via maybe some edits to showthread? thanks
sexy hahaha.... but required function is not there...yet
i want fix it like vbulletin
what i am doing for this?