MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google instantaneous indexing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I just want information regarding how google indexes.

If i google my forum, it gives results in last 2days, 4days, 18hrs and etc, like below picture.

[Image: google.png]

But its not giving results in last 1hr, within 1hr, or the threads posted at that instance of time. And i have observed in some forums it will give all instantaneous results. How can this will be possible, please explain me in brief.

Thanks in advance....
Have you checked your crawl rate settings in Google's Webmaster Tools? It might be set to crawl too slowly. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about though.
Moved. This has nothing to do with MyBB.
Give it a time. Also, Google prioritizes sites apart from crawling rate as per various factors like as PR and many more. Google has to index tons of sites.
(2012-04-30, 04:48 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked your crawl rate settings in Google's Webmaster Tools? It might be set to crawl too slowly. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about though.

Google getting lot of indexing errors, while it was trying to create thread, add calender event, rate thread, accessing ucp and private message bro, i think its wasting time and indexing all these unnecessary url, how can i prevent it, i tried adding "no follow" in respective templates, but its blocking google completely.

Any help

Thanks in advance.....
You need to use a robots.txt file to block access to certain areas of the site. I'd advise looking at the one that comes with the Google SEO plugin as it's a pretty good starting point.
Use robots.txt and upload it to root folder. Then use disallow the URLs you want to block. Your robots.txt should be looking like this:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /private.php
Allow: /
yes bro, i will try out this...