MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why Super Mod delet Admin posts??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
not sure if this is what you need http://mods.mybb.com/view/mods-can-t-edit-admins-posts
otherwise use this http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/trash-can-forum this has already been confirmed as default in 1.8
Moderators who delete administrator postings should be banned.

The plug in would prevent this problem in the future.
I use the mods cant edit admin posts mod as adbrad linked to, it works! I highly recommend it for your situation. The trash can mod sounds like a good idea too but I haven't used it yet.

EDIT:
also do signup terms so people can't do this without penalty.. if your make a clear TOS that covers these situations you can then subpena the owner of the super moderators IP address and go through the process of making culprits life hell for maliciously messing up your forum.. just my opinion.
I do not understand... Why would you moderate them if you did not trust them? If they delete your post do the following:
1. ENFORCE THE RULE OF NO DELETING ADMINS POST
2. DEMOTE THEM
Thanks guys...

First of all my forum url is www.medishared.org where all ids are mine at present.
I try to test power of admin, supermod and mod with promoting myself.but when i do that than i see some problems which might be not included in this version mybb.

1... There is no In Line Moderation box in thread and in post to monitor few features like delet.edit normal memebrs posts and thread as you can see for admin and super moderator.
I want this feature for MODERSTOR.
If this feature is not available than there is no difference between normal members and moderator except moderator delet own posts which i set in ACP.
I need MODERATOR to delet and edit posts and threads of normal memebrs and members below to him.
I think u guys understand.

2...SUPER MODERATOR here can able to edit,delet ADMIN posts and threads which i dont like.

I will try both plugin mention by adbrad..

Any idea to keep In Line Moderation box for MODERATOR under threads and posts.????

This Below Feature must be Default in any Forum Script...
"MODERATORS SHOULD NOT ABLE TO EDIT, DELET,MOVE ETC...OF SUPERMOD AND ADMIN POST BUT HE CAN DO FOR MEMBERS BELOW TO HIM.IN MYBB1.6.7 MODERATOR ONLY ABLE TO DELET AND EDIT OWN POST, NOTHING MORE THAN THIS.(not default in script at present need to improve)

SUPERMODERATOR SHOULD NOT ABLE TO EDIT, DELET,MOVE ETC. OF ADMIN POST AND THREADS BUT HE CAN MODIFY MODERATOR AND OTHER MEMBERS THREADS AND POSTS.(not default in script at present need to improve)

ADMIN IS BOSS, HE IS DOING ANYTHING.(default)"

I think u gus understand what i need for groups powers.
I will try plugins but is there any way to do through script.??

Thanks.
Please give your feedback for this.
for #1, it is working fine for me. for a given forum I specify a "regular user" as a moderator of that forum and the inline mod stuff is there. for a given forum i specify the moderator group as moderator of that forum and move the regular user into the mod group and remove them as a specific moderator (from previous test) and the inline mod stuff is there.

you have not properly configured your forum moderators

for #2 you need the plugin above or you need to trust your staff and if you cant they dont need to be staff
(2012-04-30, 10:04 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if this is what you need http://mods.mybb.com/view/mods-can-t-edit-admins-posts
otherwise use this http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/trash-can-forum this has already been confirmed as default in 1.8

1....i had install mod cant edit admin post..but what to do next?i can see setting for it in configuration settings...where and how to check for working?

2...trash can forum not compatible with 1.6.07 mybb...

help guys.
maybe you should post in the requests/jobs forum offering a small payment for someone to come in and help you with all your major issues. you seem a bit overwhelmed with everything and unable to focus on one problem at a time
No Bro...pavemen.
this is big problem.staff should think over it.
Pages: 1 2