MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sort Order in Admincp for Help Docs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently you have to edit each Help Doc if you want to change the sort order. Would be very handy if like the Forum Management a sort option was right on the page. Not a deal breaker but I find the whole Help Docs are underutilized by most members and could be improved to be more like a CMS/article option.

Since I started down that road. How about at least one permission click for "Allow Guests To View" on each doc? That would also be easy to add and imho be very useful. Even adding a hook where that would be implemented for further plugin modification would be awesome.

Thanks for consideration.
Guest viewing may be hard; I believe the original idea is to allow global access to help docs - after all, they aren't meant to be a part of a knowledgebase.

A hook maybe a better option...
Add to help doc table a column for "guest view" (0=disabled, 1=enabled). In the misc.php help doc action just add:

if($helpdoc['guestview'] == "0" && !$mybb->user['uid'])
error_no_permission();

At least something like that. Unsure exact variable in misc.php but I'm sure it's there.

Don't even bother to hide it on the listing.

Quote:A hook maybe a better option...

$plugins->run_hooks("misc_help_helpdoc_start");

So worse case this can be a plugin.
If it is hidden from a guest it can't appear in the listing either. It can't be that hard, but there are other things to be working on.